Ramanujan Maths Club (06.08.2019
The inauguration of the Ramanujam Maths Club was held in the school campus on 06.08.19 during the assembly. The Chief Guest was Dr. G V Pazhani (Headmaster, Govt Hr. Sec School , Mugalivakkam) – a man of many recognitions and awards in the field of Maths and author of 19 books.The variety programme began with a speech on the Mathematician Ramanujam’s life, a skit on Maths applications in daily life and a variety programme on the reasons why Maths is difficult for some and easy for some were the items for the day.The Headmistress Sr.Renita AC’s address appreciated the Chief Guest on his achievements and also congratulated the Maths dept staff and students who participated in d programmes.
Rainbow Science Club Inauguration (28.06.2019)
The Rainbow Science Club was inaugurated on 28.06.19 during a special assembly programme in the morning. The Chief Guest was Mr. Sridharan (Physics PG Teacher, Govt. Hr. Sec. School, Sembakkam). The students gave a variety programme with dances and skits on Scientific theories and simple experiments and a mime on the importance of saving trees.
Electoral Literacy Club
The Electoral Literacy Club conducted competitions in essay, speech, drawing, quiz for students of std VII and VIII in the Seminar Hall at 2pm on 24.01.19Winners were chosen and their creations sent to the Deo’s office.
Vincent De Paul Society
Inauguration of the Vincent De Paul Society took place in the Seminar Hall at 2.30pm on 27.06.19 the Representatives of the society Mr.Santhiagu Manickam and Mr.Nicholas spoke to the students and gave them a brief introduction of the Vincent De Paul Society and the various services rendered by the society.
English Literary Club
A pogramme was conducted by the English Literary Club students of std VI,VII and VIII, in our school campus on 30.08.19.The students performed a western dance, acted out a skit and also gave an explanation of some common idioms. The special guests for the programme were our Asst. HM Sr. Rexline AC, Sr. Monica AC and Mrs. Fathima Maria , PG teachers for English in our school.The students of the High school English Literary Club conducted the morning assembly on 25.10.19 and performed a variety cultural programme on the Importance of Grammar.
The assembly programme was presented by the students of the YCS on Honesty on 06.09.19
NSS camp was conducted on 24.9.19 to 30.9.19 in Vinoba Nagar Municipal Middle School,East Tambaram.It was inaugurated by our Headmistress Sr. Renita AC and Mrs. Nirmala, Headmistress of the Municipal Middle School, Vinoba Nagar.The NSS students cleaned and organised the school library, conducted many awareness programmes on Health and Hygiene, Dengue awareness and also a one day medical camp in association with the AG Hospital, Tambaram. They were given awareness talk by personnel from various fields. The NSS students gave an assembly on 04.10.19outlining all that they did during their Annual Camp during the Quarterly holidays and were given certificates.The staff in-charge , Mrs. Glada and Mrs. Girija were appreciated with a memento each. The other staff who helped out during the camp were also given a memento each.The Community College students, who had helped out by conducting blood donation drives and health and hygiene awareness talks, were also appreciated.
The students with their teacher Mrs.Juliet of the LASAC unit attended a one day camp on 25.11.19 at Loyola college campus conducted by the AICUF on the theme “Developing Leadership Skills”. The speakers were Fr.Jabamani Raja (Dir. LIBA) Fr.Victor Rose , Fr. Vasanthakumar. The entire programme was co-ordinated by Brother.Leo of AICUF.
- 06.2019- Welcoming New Comers & Introducing them New Techniques of handshake
- 06.2019 -Split in to Patrol, select the Patrol leader
- 06.2019-Thirukural Recitation competition were conducted to the patrol and prizes were given for the winners
- 06.2019- Flag song and Prayer song was taught
- 07.2019- General Assembly were conducted by guides 9th std students
- 07.2019 Pre – Test Camp (Rajyapuraskar) held at GHSS, Old Perungalathur -24 Guides participated
- 07.2019- Ambulance Badge Training – held at Jaigopal Garodia National Hss. Tambarm – 24 Guides participated
- 07.2019 -B.P exercise was taught to the patrol
- 07.2019 01.08.2019 -Rajyapurashkar Test Camp (Governor Award) held at GHSS, Old Perungalathur. 24 Guides participated
- 08.2019 -Annual Sports Day Programme – CKGHSS – Marchpast got first prize
- 08.2019 31.08.2019-Camporee – held at Jain College, Pallavaram – All over Tamilnadu more than 1000 students were participated in that programme for 5 days. From our school XI Std guides 2 students participated.
- 09.2019 -Swatch Bharath – Guides help the students to Cut the nails
- 09.2019 -Governor Award Certificate received from Governor at Raj Bhavan. Our student Jothika X Std received the award from Governor
- 10.2019 & 12.10.2019 – Tritiya Sopan Camp for VIII Std guides – held at GHSS Perungalathur – 20 Students were participated
- 11.2019 -Cancer Awareness Rally – 25 Students – conducted by Global Cancer Concern
- 06.2019 Welcoming New Comers & Taught them JRC Song and Pledge
- 06.2019“World day Against Child Labour Rally from school to MCC Campus – 25 students
- 06.2019Volunteered during sump construction
- 07.2019 To enhance the importance of trees nearly 20 awareness placards were placed inside the school premises
- 07.2019“Avoid Plastic” – Speech was given by JRC student Gomathi of IX Std during general assembly
- 08.2019 To develop the quality of “ Helping Tendency” among students JRC students enacted a skit.
- 08.2019Volunteered during parents teachers meeting
- 08.2019Annual Sports day – participated in the march past
- 09.2019 Swachh Bharat – “ Clean India , Green India” JRC students went on a rally from our school – till Tambarm Railway Station
- 10.2019 To pay homage Fr. Jean Henry Dunant the founder of JRC, a valuable speech on his serviceswas given by a JRC student, Kamritha of VII Std
- 11.2019Donated some saplings to the school
The members of the NGC (National Green Corps) celebrated Ozone day on 16.09.19. They spoke to the students during the assembly to create awareness on the importance of the Ozone layer and its protection. They also organised an innovative slogan cap rally in the neighbourhood. They participate in various inter-school competitions in the locality and bring merit to the institution.
Tamil Literary Hour Inauguration (19.07.2018)
The Tamil literary club was inaugurated at 03:00 PM at the school premises. The chief guest for the inauguration was Mr. Babu Rajan Das (PG Asst Tamil, Corely School, Tambaram.)The special guest was Rev. Sr. Sujaya AC (Mother Superior, Carmel Villa). A colorful program was put up by the students of the Middle school, high school and Higher secondary. The winners of the competition held during the Kalvi Valarchi Naal were given prizes.
English Literary Club Inauguration (20.07.2018)
The inauguration of the English literary club took place in our school campus at 03:00 PM. Our alumni, Dr. Archana Arul (HOD Journalism and Mass Communication, SRM University) was the chief guest during the function. The students put up a variety program which comprised of Drama, Quiz, Recitation and Debate.
Ramanujam Maths Club Inauguration (08.11.2018)
The Ramanujam Club inauguration commenced in our school hall. It began with the lighting of the lamp followed by speech, song, dance,skit programmes by the club students of Std VI to XII. Our staff Mrs. Leo Dorathy spoke to the students on easy ways to fine tune their mathematical skills and develop a love for numbers.
Social Science Club Exhibition (24.10.2017)
The Social Science Club conducted an exhibition on items used throughout the old and modern era during their club inauguration. One of the unique things in the exhibition was a gift given to one of our VIII Std student’s grandmother by Mahatma Gandhi. Many wooden things, ceramic bowls, old coins, stamps, deer horn, vessels made of different metals were on display at the exhibition held in our school campus.